Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bigg Boss 2 is finally here

 Bigg Boss 2 is finally hereAfter weeks of hype Endemol’s Bigg Boss season 2 finally premiered last night and it was really a premiere worth a dekho. Sure enough it started off with a house tour courtesy of Madam host herself Shilpa Shetty (who I’m guessing has recently been signed on as brand ambassador of McDonald’s since she kept walking around and saying “I’m loving it!”)

First, they brought out Ketki Dave, whom I didn’t recognise immediately since I’m not much of a saas-bahu soap fan…

Actor/model Zulfi Sayed was second to walk into the house in a velvet suit. Dear God, I hope his sense of style relaxes over the next 100 days! I don’t think I can take much more of velvet suits and pink satin shirts.

After the chota sa break - Monica Bedi was in the house! Unfortunately for me I missed her intro but I’m pretty sure she danced since no one wears blue PVC pants on a daily basis.

Raja Chowdhury
was lucky number four. He came to the Bigg Boss house dressed like he was ready to crash a wedding. He was closely followed by Rakhi Tandon. The only Rakhi I was looking forward to seeing in Bigg Boss 2 was Rakhi Sawant!

I was just about to switch off the TV when Rahul Mahajan entered the house. Hmmmmm… he must have done something real bad this time since he’s trying to pull off one of his publicity stunts again!

Now I’m just going to list the rest in their order of appearance: Sambhavna Seth (’Helen of Bhojpuri films’), Ehsaan Qureshi (stand-up comedian), Elina Wadia (shopaholic and die-hard SRK fan), Debojit (playback singer), Payal Rohatgi (my favourite B-Grade movie actress), Ashutosh (my favourite MTV Roadie), Politician Sanjay Nirupam and…. (drum roll)…

Jade Goody! The Big Brother veteran is the final contestant of Bigg Boss 2! Looks like she’s here to prove a point. I’m not entirely sure what she meant, but Shilpa’s taught her a jadoo ki jhapi which will supposedly be her secret weapon in the house.

I must admit, Endemol did really well. This is a fantastic line-up. I love Jade Goody’s accent I also love that she tripped and fell when leaving Shilpa on the stage to go to the Bigg Boss house.

Things to look forward to in this season:

1. An eclectic group of Indian individuals interacting with one British racist.

2. Three item girls under one roof, who are worse actors than Shilpa Shetty is a host.

3. I can promise you Jade Goody is going to try some hindi at the very least she’ll say ‘Namaste’ at least once every episode.

4. Well Shilpa Shetty’s the host so I guess we can look forward to seeing her in other such sequined excuse for a sari in the coming 100 days.

No comments: