Monday, August 4, 2008

Ugly aur Pagli: Reviewed

 Ugly aur Pagli: Reviewed.So Mallika Sherawat plays a husband-beating, alcoholic goondi in a cheap imitation of a Korean movie called My Sassy Girl (2001) – Boring!!!!

The only movie that Mallika can be given any sort of credit for is Pyar Ke Side Effects. I mean, come on!

No one really gives a shit about Mallika anymore and that’s the honest truth. At one point when she came on screen all ‘scandalous’ with her nipple-popping-bra-shirts, everyone wanted her, but now she’s just yesterday’s meat.

First of all, I can’t seem to figure out which one’s ‘Ugly’ in the movie and which one’s ‘Pagli’ considering Ranvir Shorey’s the feminine character and both are ugly to me!

In a nutshell, Mallika, the ‘sassy girlfriend’ gets picked up by this guy (Ranvir) when she’s drunk out of her head and taken to a hotel where they spend the night together, after which she insists on treating him like her man-servant.

Even after all the ‘slaps’ (and trust me, there’s a whole lot of those!) this love-struck fool keeps going back for more.

In turn, she makes even more outrageous demands like asking him to ride a seat-less bike in a red petticoat or wearing high-heels and other such nonsense!

I can even see traces of ‘My Super Ex-Girlfriend’ in the posters and it really gets me thinking – do filmmakers make this sort of garbage to set the norm for public demand or is it because they lack even an iota of imagination?

Does the public really swallow this shit being fed to them?

It’s a sad state Bollywood is in and I really wait for the day that India produces intelligent filmmakers like Satyajit Ray.

No comments: