Thursday, July 31, 2008

No One Gives A Phoonk!!

 No One Gives A Phoonk!!Ram Gopal Verma has offered viewers Rs. 5 lakh if they can sit through his new horror flick, Phoonk, without walking out of the theatre mid-way. Now here’s the catch, you’ve got to do it alone.

I know what you’re thinking… “Wow!, that’s a lot of money, anyone would do it, I know I would! 5 lakhs, I’d watch it twice if he wanted”.

But before you totally high-five on it with your friends, please take a moment to consider what you’re getting into and treat it with the gravity that anything RGV puts out deserves.

We all remember his mid-life crisis of a movie, Ram Gopal Verma Ki Aag. And who could forget such timeless adventures of young lust and misguided morality as Jungle and Daud? I wouldn’t sit through them if I was strapped to my chair with all my friends and family doing the can-can around me; forget about alone with the option of leaving.

Now we come to Phoonk. This one, he claims, is the scariest one he’s ever made. That alone sends shivers down my spine. Can anyone bear three music-less hours of sudden camera zooms, frightened mothers and Exorcist rip-offs? And who in their right mind goes alone into a theatre for an event organized by Ram Gopal Verma?? If your kidneys and first-born sons mean anything to you, STAY AWAY.

No comments: