Friday, June 20, 2008

Chetan Hansraj : Twinkle Toes

 Chetan Hansraj: Twinkle toes!!!

Last night I had to accompany my grandmother to my little cousin’s dance recital at St.Andrews Auditorium Bandra. Dreading this evening before it even started, I did not have high hopes for it at all. I mean… what could you expect from a show called the Danceworxs Academy Display?

It started off about half an hour late with a very boring presentation about the academy and THEN… the first song- Michael Jackson’s Thriller started and who should I see on stage but Chetan Hansraj. Hehehehehe the 6′3 telly actor was on stage amongst all those little pipsqueaks in the beginners batch dancing and chewing gum like a cow. I was laughing so hard. Clad in a red satin shirt while everyone else was in black and white, he was really giving it his all. I wonder which reality dance show he’s training for Jhalak or Nach Baliye!Who knows maybe he’s planning a Bollywood break through. Hehehehehe pardon me but I really can’t stop laughing. I’m beginning to wish I’d remembered that my cellphone has video recording facilities.

The next dance started and it was some weird ballet type thing. Once again I was star struck… Piya Rai Chowdhary was the last dancer on the forefront. I was so entranced by her presence I actually didn’t notice my little cousin was in this performance. But back to Piya what’s happened to her post marriage??? I can’t remember where I’ve seen her after her bubblegum role in Bride and Prejudice.

No comments: