Friday, June 20, 2008

In Love With A ROBOT?

David Levy mentioned in his book ‘Love and Sex with Robots‘ that researchers (like himself) believe that romantic relationships between humans and robots will soon become a reality. He had very well spoken about the possibilities of sex between humans and robots by 2050. First of all, I’m very interested to know what exact research they conducted and how;)

Second, this year 2050 is really not that far away. I bet the Baweja’s wish they’d named the move Love story 3000 coz then no one who saw the movie or acted in it wold still be around. But as Priyanka Chopra keeps saying ‘Love story 2050’ is about emotions that robots have and not sex with robots. As much I fancy robots and gadgets I can’t imagine sex with a robot. Metallic Breasts??? Where’s the fun in that?!

Coming back… In this movie Priyanka has a robot friend Boo (a girl) and says, “She feels for me, she loves me and is protective about me. It’s a great feeling to have something like that around.” Honey, if you want so much from a robot, just hire a gigolo. Many movies based on robots usually end up with robots being the evil one… Does Love story too go into this? But considering it’s a love story I expect this to be a disappointment.

There better be good humor and out of this world sets to cover up sad-ass robot drama.

No comments: